Saturday, February 6, 2010

Me & my Facebook-addiction!


Recent days, the Facebook seems to me a big distraction for my study. While taking preparation for a big exam, my final medical exam, my mind within a short interval wants to checkout what my Facebook-friends are doing,or if anything of them is writing/posting something in my wall,or commenting in my status-update, wall-post or photos. That is what better known as "Facebook addiction disorder." These days before a big exam like my medical final year exam, each day each an hour each minute is extremely valuable for me and my future-life and I should/must spend more time on my text-books rather wasting time on Facebook.

Without a single doubt, Facebook is a very good tool for staying "connected" with family and friends and also other networked people all across the globe. It gives people the power to staying connected beyond any national boundary, even at a thousand miles apart. Thats why the number of Facebook users is booming each day rapidly. Yesterday Mark Zuckerberg, the founder of Facebook declared, in its sixth year birthday Facebook has now become a family of 400 million (or 40 crore) people. Besides Twitter, its the another great invention of this twenty-first century for communication.

Now,the fact is, its not the fault of Facebook but a user like me who is using it. Facebook is not compelling any of its user to use it for a certain time-period. So, a user like me should control myself while using it. If not that could happen, it might compromise one's working ability or productivity and thereby a great way of procrastination!

P.S.- I will love to see any of your comment or idea,if any, in the comment-section below.





Previous relevant blog-post:
1)Facing the biggest challenge..
2)Exams are like labor pain!

List of links used in this post:
1)Facebook Addiction: "Are you suffering from Facebook Addiction Disorder(FAD)?"- http://futurelab.net
2)Facebook official blog:"Six Year of Making Connections", by-Mark Zuckerberg.-http://blog.facebook.com                                
3)Twitter: http://twitter.com
4)Procrastination, from the Wikipedia. (the world's largest free online encyclopedia)                                          

No comments:

Post a Comment